Core Values, Mission & Vision, and Our Mandate
Our Role and Mandate
The Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) was established on 29th November 1999 vide Government Notice Number 404 of 1999 under the Executive Agency Act No. 30 of 1997, assuming the functions of the former Directorate of Aerodromes under the Ministry of Communications and Transport currently the Ministry of Transport. TAA was established as part of the Government efforts to change the public service structure and gear it towards improving service delivery.
TAA's main functions are to:
- Operate, manage, maintain and develop all airports and airstrips in Tanzania mainland in a professional and cost effective manner.
- Provide comfortable, efficient and secure services and facilities for the movement of passengers and cargo in its airports thereby giving a positive image of the country to the outside world.
- Give technical advice to the Government on the development of airports.
- Ensure that the Government's airport policies, regulations, procedures and international standards are implemented accordingly.
- Advice the Government on national and international aspects of airport management.
- Support national economic development by providing the necessary airport infrastructure, facilities, and services.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission sets the focus for our work; our values define how we carry out the mission and our vision underlines consistency and effectiveness as live up to both.
We dedicate our resources to provide high quality airport services and facilities in the most cost-effective manner.
We see ourselves as a model in the provision of airport facilities and services in Eastern Africa.
Our Core Values
We are committed to providing high-quality services to the customers we serve them through:
1. Customer focus.
Our customers are the focus of our business and we have aligned our Strategic Objectives in anticipation of their expectations and we shall strive to meet these expectations with courtesy, willingness, efficiency and professionalism.
2. Employees' development.
Our employees are our number one asset. We are committed to their growth, development and shall endeavour to support them with the necessary skills, training and confidence which they need to reach their highest potentials.
3. Transformational Leadership.
Our leaders endeavour to develop a genuine trust between themselves, staff and stakeholders and will maintain this with continuous commitment with confidence, and courage towards achieving the Authority's vision.
4. Safety and Security.
The foundation of all of our operations are based on safety, and maintaining a zero tolerance on security breaches. We shall endeavour to provide a conducive environment for our employees and customers which ensure safety against harm and loss.
We are committed in our undertakings by conducting ourselves in the highest ethical manner in all relationships by being trustworthy and honest.
6. Team work.
We endeavour in the highest degree to cooperate, work and communicate with our employees and partners and or stakeholders for achieving a common goal.