THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
MINISTRY OF WORKS, TRANSPORT AND COMMUNICATION
TANZANIA AIRPORTS AUTHORITY
TENDER No. AE-027/2015-2016/HQ/C/37
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR SUPERVISION OF
REHABILITATION AND UPGRADING OF KIGOMA AND TABORA
Invitation for Expression of Interest
- This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Tanzania’s local newspapers and the Official Journal of European Union (OJEU).
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) has received financing from the European Investment Bank (EIB) towards the cost of improvement of Regional Airports, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to finance eligible payments under the contract for Supervision of the rehabilitation and upgrading of Kigoma and Tabora airports.
- The objective of the assignment is to carry out supervision of the implementation of works for the rehabilitation and upgrading of the two airports. The scope of rehabilitation works for each airport is presented below:-
- Kigoma airport: Expansion of the existing apron (flexible pavement), Installation of Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) and Navigational Aids, Construction of Terminal Building, Construction of Air traffic Control Tower, Construction of access road, car parking and drainage facilities. The Airport is designed to cater for Boeing 737 aircrafts or equivalent.
- Tabora airport: Construction of Terminal Building, access road, car parking and drainage facilities. The Airport is designed to cater for ATR 72 aircrafts or equivalent.
- The Tanzania Airports Authority now invites eligible Consultants to express their interest in the provision of the above services. Interested Consultants must submit application(s) for the assignment(s) and provide information indicating their qualification and experience for performing the services. The expression of interest should include documentation regarding the legal status of the firm and other supporting information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of assignments of similar nature undertaken by the Consultant in the last five years, and availability of competent professional staff to manage the assignment).
- For each project performed, the consultant shall provide the name and address of the client, date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms, value and financing source. Firms may associate to enhance their qualifications.
- Short-listing and final selection of consultant in accordance with the procedures set out in the European Investment Bank, Guide to Procurement and selection will be conducted in accordance with the EIB Guide to Procurement.
- Interested eligible firms may obtain further information from the office of the Secretary of the Tender Board, Tanzania Airports Authority, Julius Nyerere International Airport, Terminal Building One (TB I), P.O. Box 18000, Dar es Salaam from 0800 to 1530 hrs, Monday through Friday inclusive, except on Public Holidays.
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) must be delivered to the address below at or before Monday 20th June, 2016 at 10.00 hrs Local time.
- Late Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Tanzania Airports Authority Tender Board,
JNIA, Terminal One,
Dar es Salaam.
Tel: +255 22 2842402-3, Fax:+255 22 2844495