Why Should You Take Yellow Fever Vaccination?
Vaccination against yellow fever is required to prevent the importation of yellow fever virus into countries which had never reported any case of yellow fever but where the mosquito vector and non-human primate hosts are present. In those settings, vaccination is an entry requirement for all travelers arriving (including airport transit) from countries where there is a risk of yellow fever transmission or any disembarkation to endemic areas after 24 hours.
If yellow fever vaccination is contraindicated for medical reasons, a letter of medical exemption is necessary.
Validity of Certificate
- Certificate is validity only if the vaccine has been approved by the WHO and if the vaccinating center has been designated by the health administration for the territory in which that center is situated.
- The international certificate of vaccination for yellow fever vaccine becomes valid 10 days after primary vaccination and remains valid for a period of 10 years.
- The certificate must be signed in his own hand by a medical practitioner or other person by the national health administration; his official stamp is not an accepted substitute for his signature.
- Any amendment of this certificate, or failure to complete any part of it, may render it in invalid.
- The certificate shall be fully completed in English or in French. The certificate may also be completed in another language on the same document, in addition to either English or French.
Yellow Fever Pandemic Zone
Designated Vaccinated Centers In Tanzania Mainland
|S/N||Name of vaccination Center||Region||S/N||Name of vaccination Center||Region||S/N||Name of vaccination Center||S/N|
|1.||Julius Nyerere International Airport||Dar Es Salaam||8.||Mwanza Port||Mwanza||15.||Kasumulo Frontier Post||Mbeya|
|2.||Sea Port||Dar Es Salaam||9.||Kabanga Frontier Post||Kagera||16.||MbambaBay Frontier Post||Ruvuma|
|3.||Kilimanjaro International Airport||Arusha||10.||Mtukula Frontier Post||Kagera||17.||Tunduma Frontier Post||Mbeya|
|4.||Tanga Sea port||Tanga||11.||Kigoma Frontier Post||Kigoma||18.||Mtambaswala||Mtwara|
|5.||Holili frontier post||Kilimanjaro||12.||Isaka Dry Port||Shinyanga|
|6.||Horohoro Frontier Post||Tanga||13.||Rusumo Frontier Post||Kagera|
|7.||Tarakea Frontier Post||Kilimanjaro||14.||Sirari Frontier Post||Mara|